Gold price holds steady around $1650
After the fireworks in the gold market the past couple of weeks the gold price is still coming under selling pressure. After rallying yesterday to close around $1663 the selling has resumed again this morning, taking the price back down below the $1650 level..
Downside levels to look out for are $1634 – a close below this level could signal further selling that is likely to take the gold price to just above $1600 in short order. For any upside momentum to gather gold really needs to close back above $1680.
So at the moment gold is directionally in limbo but the price action this morning is making gold appear soft. However as we pointed out last week it’s worth remembering that gold is still sitting comfortably above its longterm trend line for the past 4 year – it would take a close below $1600 to violate this long term trend.
- Bank of England maintains 0.5% interest rates – Gold price holds steady on the news
- Silver price holding steady above $30 – now up 10% on the year
- Gold price rebounds as the 200DMA holds again
- Gold price holding steady as market jitters and Italian woes linger on
- Gold price softer today after closing at the top of its ‘box’
Link to this article: : http://www.goldmadesimplenews.com/gold/gold-price-holds-steady-around-1650-6391/