Jim Rogers: Throughout history when you have people debasing currency the way to protect yourself is own real assets
Jim Rogers appeared on Times Now today to talk about how to protect your wealth from currency debasement/destruction.
Whilst Jim’s themes will be well know to most we really wanted to put this clip up to show just how the global the conversation about currency destruction really is.
Times Now is a 24 hour english language news channel based out in India and broadcast in India as well as Singapore and the US. It’s hardly surprising that India would be interested in hearing about real assets like gold because just back in September their CPI inflation rate hit an eye-watering 10%.
Take aways are:
- When people are printing money history tells us the way to protect your wealth is to own real assets
- If the world economy gets better there are shortages of nearly all comodities – if the economy doesn’t get better the place to be is real assets
- If Iran gets bombed probably everything apart from oil (and maybe gold) everything will get hit
- Gold is going to go much higher over the course of this decade
- Private investment in gold is still only 1% of global financial assets
- The UK Government borrowed more this August than at any time in the country’s history
- Government stops selling inflation linked bonds – gold the only place left to protect against inflation
- Glastonbury Festival: Charting a history of inflation
- Real UK GDP is NEGATIVE 0.6%: The curious case of the GDP deflator
Link to this article: : http://www.goldmadesimplenews.com/gold/jim-rogers-appeared-on-times-now-today-to-talk-about-how-to-protect-your-wealth-from-currency-debasementdestruction-6210/