(Ron) Paul V Paul (Krugman) – Austrian V Keynesian
Why it has taken this long to finally see some of the biggest proponents of their economic school is bewildering - It’s not like the Austrians haven’t been willing to debate anyplace, anytime.
After all we’ve had Hayek and Keynes raised from the grave twice to do rap battle over economic philosophy:
But we’ve had to wait until yesterday to see the match up we’ve long been waiting for. Paul Krugman V Ron Paul.
It was over in a flash, but there was enough laid out to see just how diametrically opposed these two schools are.
Krugman’s main point:
- The economy needs more money printing (inflation) to fix it
Paul’s main point:
- You can’t solve a debt problem with more debt
Paul v Paul:
And for those who want to see how the men stack up on their economic predictions, then watch this:
- Ron Paul: Today’s central bank action is a reflection of a panic
- Ron Paul’s farewell address to Ben Bernanke – saving the very best for last
- Watch congressional hearing by Ron Paul on a return to the gold standard
- Ron Paul to hold hearings to audit US gold
- The gold meme continues – this time courtesy of Ron Paul
Link to this article: : http://www.goldmadesimplenews.com/gold/ron-paul-v-paul-krugman-austrian-v-keynesian-6795/