Austrian Economists answer your questions
The great and the good from the world of Austrian Economics were recently on hand to answer questions at a Mises.tv event.
Questions from the floor:
- Is this the boom or is that massive pile of reserves evidence of Keynes ‘animals spirits’?
- What replaces a central bank system and is it realistic?
- How does all the derivatives impact what’s coming down the pike, and Dodd-Frank creates more demand for treasures – how does this affect your views.
- The Fed is levered 51:1 – how does this impact on interest rates
- How do you approach banking reform in the current environment
- Wouldn’t inflation create more jobs?
Answering those questions:
Walter Edward Block is an Austrian School economist and prominent anarcho-capitalist. He is currently Professor of Economics at Loyola University New Orleans and Senior Fellow with the Ludwig von Mises Institute
Douglas French is president of the Mises Institute and author of Early Speculative Bubbles & Increases in the Money Supply and Walk Away: The Rise and Fall of the Home-Ownership Myth. He received his master’s degree in economics from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, under Murray Rothbard with Professor Hans-Hermann Hoppe serving on his thesis committee
Peter G. Klein is Associate Professor in the Division of Applied Social Sciences at the University of Missouri and Director of the McQuinn Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. He also holds appointments with the Truman School of Public Affairs and the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration.
Joseph Salerno is academic vice president of the Mises Institute, professor of economics at Pace University, and editor of the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics.
Thomas E. Woods, Jr., senior fellow in history at the Mises Institute, holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Harvard and his master’s, M.Phil., and Ph.D. from Columbia University.
Peter Schiff is president of Euro Pacific Capital and author of The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets and Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse.
- Where mainstream economics fails: Understanding Praxeology and Austrian Economics
- Why the little know Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology Subcommittee Matters – Watch it Live Today
- A useful nod for the Austrian school of economics?
- To print or not to print (next week), that is the question (for the BoE) – The most important economic quote you will ever read is the answer
- Happy interventionists: The economists’ attack on your property
Link to this article: : http://www.goldmadesimplenews.com/interviews/austrian-economists-answer-your-questions-8417/